Ak_tundra's picture
Ak_tundra

+ 3 2000 Calorie Shake Recipe

ad

As a pure ectomorph, gaining weight is beyond a challenge for me. Maintaining a caloric surplus is almost laughable sometimes.

My training has always been solid and on point, but diet... well, it sucks in the total calories sector. Currently, I’m on a Test/Deca/Prov cycle and plateaued on my gains with 8 weeks to go. It was obvious to me that I needed many more calories, but eating more food just was just not happening.

I did a good amount of research and found the Holy Grail of Ectomorphism... A 2000 calorie shake! Such a beautiful recipe!

2 scoops whey protein powder (363 calories)
2 cups full cream milk (301 calories)
2 cups of oats (616 calories)
2 bananas (180 calories)
2 tbsp peanut butter (190 calories)
1 tbsp honey (65 calories)
1 cup blueberries (85 calories)
1 cup raspberries (65 calories)

Gains started coming back in full effect and I will exceed my pre-cycle goal. Hope you guys find this as useful as I did. Bon Appetit!

Drock_357's picture

I’ve have found that a bit more cardio in the day has helped to increase the appetite when bulking,.. even tho you are in a bulk and extra cardio isn’t your best friend, I would trade the extra 1500 cals gained from the shake ( minus the cals burned with cardio), just mite want to play around with this if nothing else works

Jim Layhey's picture

That makes three of us! Not only for appetite but helps with digestion! I have a bike at home I’ll hit few times a week

press1's picture

Ditto - I've often found a 20 minute walk around the block to the shops can get a diminished appetite fired up again. Sometimes you have to give it time for it to speed up the metabolism enough to register, even several hours sometimes but once it does booom, it can often feel like after a good training session with all that Ghrelin kicking in.

In a promo × 1
Ak_tundra's picture

Great suggestions, Gents! I’ll definitely give that a try for a few weeks! Definitely not opposed to trading off some cals if it’ll make it easier to replace them and then some later in the day.

press1's picture

That's the thing mate - it may initially cost you a few hundred calories but you'll easily cover it and more with the appetite and food you'll then consume because of it. It's if you go out for an hour long bike ride for 20 miles where it comes counter productive.

In a promo × 1
1Justsayin's picture

Wish I could thumb up this one thanks

Sosa123's picture

A weight gainer that i like is apetamin ..... It helps increase your appetite .... It makes you tired the first 2 days but it really works.... Maca root works very well as well

Owes a Review × 1 In a promo × 1
press1's picture

++ Bud for a good shake idea and grinding through the ectomorph struggle (I'm one also lol)

In a promo × 1
Sam I Am's picture

I’d probably split that two hours apart.
If your not tracking macros for Whole Foods odds are your not eating as much as you think.

Owes a Review × 1
Ak_tundra's picture

I’ve found splitting it into 3 servings is optimal for me. I will say this much tho... It didn’t work out to well as a PWO load!

wanted's picture

This may start some conversation.
But what has worked for me without a doubt it has
I was like your tried everything so i thought mass gainer shakes just left me bloated and pooping.
So i said how bad do i want it and i want it bad!!
I wake up everyday day for the last 3 years at 430AM
EAT 1 cup oats , 1scoop whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter , 60 grams blueberries
644 cals. 70 carbs- 41 protein
Then go back to bed and wake up for work. So yes interupt sleep. But has helped tremendously. Also my pre workout meal everyday- 610 calories= 90 grams cream rice 1 scoop protein powder and 2 tbsp peanut butter and blueberries

Ak_tundra's picture

I can definitely see your logic, but the sound of that damned blender at the butt crack of dawn would do me in! Now, I’ll try making it before I go to bed and see how that goes for a few weeks

wanted's picture

No blender needed. Make the oatmeal and after its hot and ready add the whey , peanut butter , blueberries, mixes like soup. Spoon it Try it. Hope it works out for ya. Goodluck

Pumped_'s picture

That might have to be my schedule since my work day doesnt allow me to consume what i want.

Sam I Am's picture

Whole Foods with plenty of fiber.
+2

Owes a Review × 1
Pumped_'s picture

Some MuscleJuice 2544 2x day and i get the amino acids mixed in. For the lazy guys like me lol. My wife would kill me after all the mess i would leave on the counter and having to clean the honey and peanutbutter after making the above.

MONK's picture

No soda. No tuna. No Tomato juice.

Sadface.

Pumped_'s picture

Monk i have a question because you are a vet. Thise weight gain drinks i know arent the real best because like mine its got 60g sugar. Whats your pros and cons on weight gainer shakes? My glocise was 108 last month when doctor did bloodwork and wants me to come back for A1C test to rule out diabetes potential. Could those shake cause high glucose levels? They are not my meal replacement just a post workout shake only

Pumped_'s picture

I remember my first work physical many years ago my BP was 145/85 and i thought doc would flip but he says "not bad".

Pumped_'s picture

I was on tren and i knew i had my work physical so didnt sleep all week thinking they gonna make big deal about my blood pressure (tren really raises my BP) and it was all for nothing because its the new normal like you said. And thats here stateside.

press1's picture

As soon as the tren hits blood you feel the instant BP and HR rise don't you - Heart rate especially for me. And damn in the summer heat its near impossible to run lol

In a promo × 1
Pumped_'s picture

I wont do in the summer anymore at all. I work in air conditioned building and i wouldnt even know. Wake up and underwear soaked like i peed the bed. Get up to go pee and have to lay a towel down so i dont lay back down on a soaked sheet and not wake the wife.

press1's picture

Mate funniest thing is here during the winter when I run it the bed gets soaking like you say, but then I'll often forget to open the duvet to let it all air out and dry off in the day. Get back in it at night and its freezing AND soaking wet still LMAO I'm like 'Aaaagghhh!!!' Lol You remember the older tren from years back that would make your clothes stink of it and the bed too - that smoky/musky smell!

In a promo × 1
press1's picture

LMFAO - Is Duvet not a word over there Mol?

In a promo × 1
press1's picture

And to think you call yourself 'french' Mol!!

In a promo × 1
Pumped_'s picture

I just did too. I just assumed he meant opened the window and let it dry. Good thing i checked. I thought duvet was fancy word for window vent lol. Here in america there is nothing fancy here.

Pumped_'s picture

It would make my ball sweat (no homo) smell like a metallic strong smell.

MONK's picture

60g of Sugar??? Sounds like liquidised candy laces. Your nuts drinking that especially if your on the brink of diabetes.

I would first of ask yourself why you feel you can’t you get in an extra meal or up your serving/cal. If you want to grow and gain healthy, find a way or make your own shake with more efficient ingredients.

Pumped_'s picture

I have cut back since my blood results but hoping its just a spike. 125 is diabetes so they are just being cautious. Im at 6am getting 2yr old ready and in the nursing from 7a till sometimes 5 so eating all day during a shift is very hard. DPH regs is no staff food eating on floors so i have to sneak and hide to eat snacks every couple hours. By time i pick her up after work then come home i get to eat better. Eat dinner , work out, lay with her till she falls asleep then i can eat more again then bedtime. Making my own sounds like a better idea so i can control things like sugar.

Pumped_'s picture

By the way she is a huge daddys girl and wont let mom put her to bed or anything else for her. Has to be me lol. My story sounds like im a single dad but she is attached to my hip.

press1's picture

What compounds do you generally run mate? The type of gear I run has a massive impact on whether I crave tonnes of Dextrose and sugars or not. If I run heavy tren & Dbol then in the past it has spiralled out of control, but something such as test, NPP, Adrol its much more balanced on the protein and carbs intake.

In a promo × 1
Pumped_'s picture

Right now running EQ and Test E. Started with Dbol but right now just the EQ and Test

press1's picture

I remember when I ran that and it just gave me a really healthy hunger for healthy foods and chicken/meat. If you are trying to bulk mate Deca or NPP do work much better than EQ also strength building wise too.

In a promo × 1
Pumped_'s picture

Ive always been an old school test/deca guy. Never messed with EQ though my best friend worships it, so guess im experimenting for the winter. But ill remain a test/deca disciple.