MuayThaiGuasian's picture
MuayThaiGuasian

+ 1 Max caloric deficit while on cycle? -1000 cals under maintenance???

ad

Stats

35 years old
5"8
9% BF
193 lbs

Im trying to get down to 7% quickly, currently on 500mg test E, 50mg Anavar, and 400mg EQ. Whats the maximum caloric deficit I can run while on cycle to burn max fat and still preserve muscle? I'm also an Endomorph bodytype if that helps, Im usually able to gain muscle even eating at maintenance. I have a super slow metabolism

Makwa's picture

Hard to tell if you will be burning up a significant amount of muscle or not with a 1k deficit. Everyone is different. If you are dropping more than 3lbs/wk you are probably burning up a good chunk of muscle, especially if you are already lean. Dropping 3+ lbs a week when fat, easy and no muscle loss, dropping 3lb/wk with low body fat, hard and probably burning muscle.

IrishMack's picture

1k calories a week, I would be dead lol, I tried 1500 in 3 days and by the 3rd day I was in a brain fog with very little energy and could hardly train as even 40 pounds felt like 100. 2k is close enough to not burn too much muscle IMO

Makwa's picture

I don't think he means only consuming 1k/day. That would be 1k under his TDEE. So for me that would be taking in about 2k/day since my TDEE is around 3K.

IrishMack's picture

Gotcha