press1's picture
press1
  • CC

502 Kg Deadlift Live Attempt link .....

ad

In 47 hours there is going to be Live streaming on Youtube of the 502 Kg World record attempt - to break Thors 501 Kg WR lift.

This should be great fun to watch, click on the link which will allow you to set a reminder to watch it for free when it happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsaMIObDxe0

Bill G's picture

Eddy hall about died when he pulled it and thor looked like he could have pulled 2 more plates.

press1's picture

Thor's was just straight up wasn't it - its a shame he didn't go for more after that. I'm sure he would have got 510kg as I don't think his back will have locked from that initial lift as he barely hitched.

I was watching an interesting vid last night about heavier lifts. The reason on maxes that it often takes several seconds before the bar starts to rise is because the first few seconds of the pull you are engaging Type 1 muscle fibres then after 3 seconds its the Type 2's that come into play via neural firing. That's when the bar actually starts to break from the ground. In other words you always need to be starting the session once you have at least 3 meals in you to have enough energy to see the grind through.

In a promo × 1
press1's picture

I have a feeling someone will go for around 510 Kg this time and get it Smile

In a promo × 1
press1's picture

Its amazing how some people can withstand such forces and not be pulled apart .....

I must say though when you see the size of these sort of guys in the flesh they are absolutely bloody massive, like bears.

There was a guy online that lived my area who had a vid up of him pulling 8 plates a side for 5 reps. Then when I actually saw him in the supermarket just the sheer thickness of his trunk and waist was just huge with massive hips. They are just built so heavily they are part of another generation to us .....

In a promo × 1
Slowly's picture

Great athlete. He’s will make it.

SegaKid87's picture

Surprised thors attempt is valid.. For so many reasons I still regard Eddie as the holder.