mash'D taters's picture
mash'D taters

Cardardine (GW-501516) side-effect question & observations

ad

I feel a little stupid for doing this, but I didn't taper up my cardardine... I usually do for everything else, but I thought I would be good starting with 20mg/day. I got muscle cramps within 3 days, and now I'm a week in, and I've taken it down to 10mg/day because of muscle cramps. Nothing earth shattering, but enough to make me think.... Hmmm better take it easy lest I tear it.

Has anyone else experienced muscle cramps on cardardine, but only while working out? One of the trainers mentioned 'overtraining' but they don't know about the cardardine.

I got my blood works done (no t nor estradiol checks because I'm not on cycle). Lipid panel, CBC, and some STD checks. I still have an elevated white blood cell count from a couple of weeks ago. Lipids are in pretty decent shape I feel. LDL a bit high, by like 5 pts, but overall cholesterol has a healthy margin inside normal.

One note is that there are trace keytones in my urine. I'm inclined to believe it's from my body being in ketosis from the cardardine. So, I suppose that's working as intended?

Has anyone else heard or experienced muscle cramps while working out on cardardine?

Cycle: 
mg/day Cardarine
Week 120
Week 2-510
Makwa's picture

Been on cardarine for awhile now. Started at 10mg and now at 20mg and never experienced any cramping. Ketones are likely diet related. Up the carbs.

UncleYoked's picture

It may be more attributed to your diet, but now that you mention it. I've just started a new round of cardarine myself maybe 4 days ago and I did get a cramp in my calf but I'm also pretty dehydrated today. Make sure you're getting enough potassium etc. I don't recall cramps ever being a big issue for me when running gw

mash'D taters's picture

The cramp that set this one off was in my calf as well. I feel I drink plenty of water and my electrolytea were at good levels. Since reducing the dosage yesterday, the cramps have subsided.

nic's picture

La bla bla bla crampi.
I crampi bla bla bla bla hicup bla idratazione.
bla in bla a controlbla bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla bla bla urine.
Ciao

Nattyboomba's picture

Being an asshole in Spanish - is still being an asshole.

Greg's picture

English only please

BrainsNGainz's picture

Ketones in urine + muscle cramps definitely sounds like the Cardarine pushed you into ketosis on paper, but would only really make sense if you're in a deficit and not eating too many carbs.
Try supplementing Potassium & Magnesium, usually those are the main culprits of Keto Flu symptoms in my experience (have done ketogenic diet several times).
If it's not low electrolytes then I'm not sure what it might be, the byproducts of fatty acid metabolism in skeletal muscle shouldn't side effects unless there is a metabolic disorder of some sort.

mash'D taters's picture

"...you're in a deficit and not eating too many carbs."

That is me I believe.

I have hypothyroidism. Does that count as a metabolic disorder? I think my electrolytes are good. I can post my entire labs up here. Everything else is pretty well within range.

BrainsNGainz's picture

A quick google search says that keto with hypothyroidism can be hard on the adrenals and might suppress already low T3 levels.
It's really easy to deplete your electrolytes without realizing it, I'd still bet that it would help to drink some in powder form a couple times a day and see if that improves things.
If you have an electrolyte blood panel that says otherwise then I'm out of ideas lol.

juiceball8082's picture

How's your hydration?
Caradarine never gave me cramps.
Are you on keto diet? Caradarine does not put you in ketosis, diet with no or next to nothing carbs.

mash'D taters's picture

I drink about 4L of water per day.

Not strictly a keto diet, but low carbs.

juiceball8082's picture

Maybe try supplementing with some electrolyte powder.