giardap's picture
giardap
  • CC

+ 2 Kai - In or Out?! Olympia 2017

ad

Its shaping up to be an interesting week
Kai's gotten a special invite to Olympia, made pretty much officially by Mannion
Phil has been bashing him publicly on twitter since
Lui Marco said a few days ago that there was 100% no chance of Kai competing and yesterday changed his tune after behind the scenes chats with IFBB Kai and Phil

Sounds like a negotiation might be happening!!

Dr.BroScience's picture

First of all , Kai blew it 2 years by not competing at the Olympia.
Personally, I thought Dexter was top to bottom more impressive that year when he finished 2nd. His time with Charles Glass really paid off.

As for this year, with Kai's involvement in the Super League I think it is highly doubtful he will make a surprise appearance. Also with the demise of Rich Piana (RIP) The Super League needs Kai now more than ever.

I just do not see a scenario where he shows up unannounced.

Although he does have significant leverage if he wished to do so. As a fan of the sport you always want to see the best vs the best. Personally, I hope it happens

giardap's picture

Didn't Levrone pull out of his upcoming show?? Brother died iirc?

daksmack's picture

How can you honestly pick a winner between them? To close, so their, in my opinion which doesn't matter, politics prolly play a role.

Owes a Review × 2 In a promo × 1
stairmaster's picture

What Kai and Phil did at the last O. Kai competed was childish.Both representing the elite of this sport and what they did was definitely not exemplary.
Now they start this 'fight' again, I hope not!?

giardap's picture

Ah cmon man, rivalry without an actual fistfight is ok surely?!
I mean these are lads in a severely depleted state, I'd be surprised if nobody got pi$$ed at some point!
It is a spectacle afterall, and on paper at least, it is hard to justify watching men prance around in Y-fronts, so a bit of rivalry is a good thing!

The best of the best in sports know how to do a little promotion!

stairmaster's picture

"The best of the best in sports know how to do a little promotion!"

thats true bro!

333's picture

Who the fuck negged you anyways we will see in time if he's in I know brad Casselberry is competing but only agreed to if he's aloud smoke and mirrors and some fake weights

Jayzgainz's picture

I watch Nicks strength and power and he cannot stand Castelberry. Pretty sure Nicks said that Castleberry had declined to do the competition even though I believe it was something to do with raising money to help support vets. Cant really remember. I cant understand why anyone in their right mind would take him seriously.

Owes a Review × 1 In a promo × 1
333's picture

I like nicks channel on YouTube ric lobliner was the o e who called out castleberry to come out and it was f
To support troops and make money for them I didn't know he declined already what a punk

giardap's picture

he clearly didnt want to be exposed so publicly!

giardap's picture

LOL
He is an instagram scammer right? Rubber weights etc?!

333's picture

Yeah he's a frat boy pussy lol

Jayzgainz's picture

Yup...thats him. Check this out

https://youtu.be/FTLFDU459wo

Jayzgainz's picture

Because of all the hype last yr with Levrone and the Mr O being broadcast on mainstream this yr. Forgot which network they are trying to build hype. Which I love. My fear is that because they want Kai SO bad that they may promise him a win or who knows what. I just hope politics can stay out. Both him and Phil have built amazing bodies, although I'm a Big Ramy fan along with Roelly. Beast...lol. so yea I hope Kai changes his mindand shows up. Would be a hell of a show. Like you said Giardap he told Lui he would never do it but if they hound him enough and promise him something he may change his tune. I just hope we can get an honest judging this year.

giardap's picture

Yeah I agree completely Jay
I don't think you could ever remove politics from the O, its synonymous with it really isnt it?! It swings both ways though I suppose which could be in Kai's favour. I think Mannion etc have cottoned on to the fact that people beyond the hardcore fans, were really only interested in Levrone's comeback and also to see if Kai would show up. I think they know they need a spectacle! As for the judging, I always thought it was nonsense until I saw Steve W sit with Palumbo and went through Kai vs Cedric judging and how things can change over the span of a few hours (Kai was losing initially), its not all subjective which I once thought it was entirely
really interesting stuff
you've prob seen this already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoC28OO1Bv4

Jayzgainz's picture

Yup...just like most things now the masses need a spectacle. Lol. And no I actually hadn't seen this interview thanks for posting it. I remember watching Arnold talk to Kai and I thought it was a little uncomfortable when he said Kai only won because of his routine. I thought Kai looked like he wanted tonsay something but kept his mouth shut. Actually hearung the breakdown of how they scored it and why actually makes me hopeful. But that brings up another point. Weinberger was talking about different judges for different shows and I can only imagine how much that plays into the guys on stages minds. As far as Kai's change over 4 hours I keep thinking back to last yrs Mr O when Ramy came out in pre judging and was shredded. He actually didnt look good imo and then at the night show he was full and looked really good. Must of had a hell of a cheeseburger because it was almost like 2 people.

giardap's picture

Didn't Ahnuld ask him to do a vacuum pose too??!
Gotta love Arnie, he is hilarious!