26yrs total test level 288
I just had a baseline test to determine what I was going to do for my first cycle and my levels are very low.
I had noticed many of the signs of low test but just thought it was stress. Now I know there is a problem and I am going to the urologist today. Regular doc will not prescribe anything until I see him.
From what I understand most Dr will prescribe one injection per two weeks. Test c has a half life of 8days (correct me if wrong) would this not rollercoaster my levels?
How could I convince him to prescribe one inject every week?
Btw my dad has been diagnosed with low t
I did not manipulate the results.
Lat year levels were at 400 and now dropped to 288
I did one cycle of oral dbol 9yrs ago stupid no pct
I am very active in the gym 5-6 days a week 3 days cardio 20 min each session
High blood pressure on meds for that due to last visit
Last thing it took months for my wife to get pregnant maybe due to low t?
I wanted to cycle origannaly due to doughy shape but now I think that was b/c low t.
Any help suggestions on how to deal with these docs and upcoming treatment are welcome.
- Bookmark
- 0
- 0
Finally got a call back and the doc is perscribing test c once monthly. I dont know the dosage he left a message on the phone. If i can i am going to split the dosage so it will be doneweekly. He said thatmy lh level was 2 (1-9) and fsh was 2.5 (1-18) which according to him was normal. Can anyone help me find info on these levels? Within normal doesnt always mean healthy and these seem to be on the low end of normal.
honestly, if you are a candidate with low T levels then you won't really need any ammo. It just is what it is and then you will get TRT. even if you are low but still in normal range, I have read doctors still prescribing it because of age and what your baseline was at before. You will be good to go...nothing to worry about.
I have an appt on the 15 th with a urologist and will make sure to update. I have been doing research bc most docs are ignorant about most of this stuff. I found some great info on tnation.com. can anyone reccomend any academic or medical journals that i could use as ammo when i visit the doc?
Around age 25, I felt like shit and got my testosterone checked out, came in around 160 (on a scale of 300-1100). Must have fucked up PCT on a cycle I did a few years back (500mg Test E / Week for about 8 weeks). You have to keep switching doctors until you find one that has the right mentality. I went from a high-volume urologist that had me on Androgel, to a low key endocrinologist that allows me to do my injections at home (prescribed 200mg/2wk, but I split it into 100/wk, or more). On 100mg/wk, my levels have been remaining around 500-1200 total T and free T is off the charts. I pay $70/office visit and $95 for 20 weeks worth of human grade test, no insurance. My doctor is cool, he let me switch to enanthate for a little while, but the effects weren't noticeably different but the price was significantly higher. Maybe I lucked out, my entire TRT program cost me less than $500 year.
Most men do very, very well on 250mg/wk of Testosterone Cypionate. If your urologist doesn't agree, then find someone who is informed on the subject. You won't convince him.
Don't waste your time doing steady state cardio, It increases cortisol and decreases IGF1 and testosterone. The only benefit is a slight increase in V02 max. Interval training increases IGF1 and testosterone, has a much better effect on VO2 max, increases your anaerobic capacity and much, much less time than steady state.
You are correct on the half life of Test C, it is 8 days. They are no longer using enanthate anymore in the US, not sure about other countries. He may prescribe one inject every 2 weeks of 200mg's Test Cyp. but he may give you a weekly shot. If you end up getting self injects of 200mgs bi-weekly to where you can end up taking it 100mg's EW instead. but give the bi weekly shots a try and if that doesnt work, you can then go to him and say, that you have noticed that the 2nd week your levels become really low and not as great overall feeling as the first week. its much easier to convince him to go weekly that route with actually trying it than just going from the get go and saying weekly is better. he will think you have some agenda. but maybe not. it all depends on the doctor. he will either give you a 10ML vial or 1ML vials. he will want you to check your levels once you go on it. hopefully he wants to check your levels during the 2nd week and not post injection. to see how much your levels drop going into that 2nd week.
If you are a candidate then you don't have to convince him on once a week...tell him you'd rather do self administered injections. They'll prescribe you a 2ML vial of Test E 200mgs. Roll with the 200 every two weeks & if you feel you start to "crash" into the 2nd week try 100mg per week...Everyone is different. I felt better w/100 per week.
Also I have low T and knocked up my GF on TRT while on Deca cycle. Good luck.
AnonDouble check that half life, if memory serves I believe cyp is at least 10 days if not a few more.
Buildbigger86My doc is use told me half is around 10-13 days but i am going to post official FDA info on test cyp 200 for you guys. They state it has a half life of around 8 days but you can take other inhibitors with the test that will make the free range test in your body not go to waste which in turn will make half life longer.
http://www.drugs.com/pro/testosterone-cypionate.html
Well I was in the same boat and I was 20. Stupid pro hormones are the worst!
In my opinion, just go with what the doctor prescribes you, if there are hormonal fluctuations, lets say, causing acne I'm pretty sure you just bring it up and he can prescribe you with a good AI or acne medication. And if that doesn't help with the fluctuations a bit, be direct with him about it and I'm sure he will change the procedure. My doctor had me taking blood tests constantly so that should help to show the doctor if there are any "discrepancies" or whatnot. Also, some doctors are retarded enough to say that those levels aren't low, happened to me, so always take that into consideration. Can't really comment on the last questions so I hope I was of some help.