alekaras's picture
alekaras

Gsx 1300 R

ad

Any busa owners here? And if yes what modes on them?

Catalyst's picture

The wife banned me from bikes in my thirties :(

I got the “it’s me or the bike” speech after an accident. Apparently saying “can I phone a friend” was the wrong answer…..

alekaras's picture

I was one of the lucky ones, I always had a bike before the wifey, cr 250, after 450 crf, ktm 525 sxf, before the big ones!! And luckily never had a serious accident!!

Makwa's picture

I got the opposite speech. Wife said you better start riding more with me or I will find someone else who does.

alekaras's picture

So you become an easy rider now!!

Makwa's picture

I ride bitch on the back of her bike.

alekaras's picture

That's even better lol

ONESICK's picture

My buddy did the ol' busa swap in his smart car. Shit cracked me up at the strip.

alekaras's picture

That thing would fly lol

giardap's picture

Too few straight roads out there for the busa, only 1 in Ireland.
Blade for me at the moment

Never beat the 500cc gamma tho

Ninjas blades R1 or the slower bikes like the busa/blackbirds etc.... never beat the gamma in the twisties! Never. Only bike to ever scare me.

alekaras's picture

You mean the suzuki rgv 500, the 2 stroke? Then yes those were 100%death material lol

giardap's picture

Rg500 gamma, yeah 2 stroke. The rg was almost identical to the rgv...
Beautiful machines. All the power was in a 1k band at the very top of the rev range.... pure psycho machine

alekaras's picture

A crazy dude in my town had the yzr 500 Yamaha v4 2 stroke moto gp replica, 180 hp 160 kg weight, not road legal of course!! Sick bikes need big balls to drive them or better stop them!!

giardap's picture

Nice! Yeah there are some lovely replicas out there. That 1 would have had the rd500 engine.

I was going to put my rg500 engine into an Aprilia rs250 frame, sexy af.... but ran out of steam... its a heavy lift... you need to be a complete and utter fanatic to do a build like that! I'm bad, but not that bad!

alekaras's picture

It would be sick aprilia 250 rs looks awesome!! Definitely crazy through for thatbild

Drexyl's picture

Wife won’t let me have one, last one was a Suzuki Bandit 1200. Pre injector, had a carburetor. Stage 3 jet kit, headers, pipe… list goes on. Thing was a beast, but reasonably about 140hp for a 500lb wet bike. These new ones? 200+hp? 400lbs? Then guys strap a bottle or turbo on? Jesus. I see why the aftermarket for wide tires and long swingarms exist.

alekaras's picture

Had the cb 1300 couple of years back ride the same as the bandit, stoke though only exhaust was replaced, good bike!! Yeah the come along way this days don't they..

LayneStaley.'s picture

I’ve got a 2020 bmw s 1000 rr and a 2020 Ducati panigale V4s

press1's picture

Fuck me a 1000rr eh?!! Likes his bikes the same way he likes his gear - HARDCORE!!! Lol

In a promo × 1
alekaras's picture

I have driven a s1000rr many times stupid fast bike, makes me wonder how the heck bmw come so strong in the world of super bikes street bikes.. From adventure and touring bikes to this rocket!! Panigale is a piece of art imo!!

Drexyl's picture

Both are solid.

JakeKO's picture

I had a 1990 Ninja ZX-7 back in the day. Always wanted a GSX-R, but moved on to cruisers after the Ninja. Sold my last bike ten years ago. It was a 2003 American Iron horse Lone Star Chopper, fully loaded rigid. I loved that bike, but wasn’t riding much anymore

alekaras's picture

My first ride with clutch was with the zx7 ninja, awesome looking bike way a head of its time!!

JakeKO's picture
alekaras's picture

Never had it with them, maybe the position, but I like the sound of them

press1's picture

What's it like to ride a bike like this in that position with your hands held high? Does it feel strange at first or natural?

In a promo × 1
JakeKO's picture

I use to love it. All my boys switched to cruisers, so I did the same. But those Ninja days were unforgettable

JakeKO's picture

This exactly what mine looked like, but I had a Muzzy pipe on it. I love this bike.

https://images.app.goo.gl/x5KLMYU6zgaGPTjH6

alekaras's picture

Yes sir that's the beauty, but in green color, sick rde!!

JakeKO's picture

I actually wanted the green, but they wanted more money because it wasn’t in stock, so I settled for the floor model

JakeKO's picture

Absolutely

Drexyl's picture

After growing up on dirt bikes, my first street motorcycle was a FZR600. Had some zip, not like a liter engine, but damn that thing was sexy back then.

JakeKO's picture

The FZR was a beautiful bike, and fast as hell because it was so light. I also grew up on dirt bikes. I had about ten different ones in my lifetime. I still love dirt bikes

Makwa's picture

I have a little mini-bike I let the neighbor kids use to do shitties in the alley

alekaras's picture

Mini bike? 2 stroke?

Makwa's picture

Yep. 100cc of pure horsepower.

alekaras's picture

Those are pretty farst little devils..

UncleYoked's picture

Always wanted to take a busa engine and toss it in a chopper for some ridiculous reason. I started working on a TL engine swap in to a chopper but then it was stolen. I love twins of all types

giardap's picture

There was a time when every tl was an engine swap coz of the frames cracking!

Drexyl's picture

I’ve only rode one Harley, it was a friend of my uncle. He said if I could kick it over I could ride it. I failed. He started it and let me take it out. 1974 Superglude with a shovelhead motor. It felt like 10,000 pounds, but man that loud thing was fun. I sent an email about GH, let me know. And for gods sake keep both feet on the ground at red lights, those big bikes are heavy!

alekaras's picture

That chopper with a busa engine should be kicking some serious ass lol, yeah v twins are awesome big torque from low rpm and sound cool!!

press1's picture

I use to have a 2005 K5 Black GSXR 1000 back when they first came out! I had an R1 before that which I could ride fairly quick - but when I got on that Gixxer I was always scared shitless! Found it down right intimidating but Awesome at the same time LOL Had a car also for going to work and everything else. Problem is I worried too much about coming off it and fucking up my training so got rid in the end. Nothing more exciting and fun though than a fast bike in the summer blowing everything else off the road, I just wish we were guaranteed never to come off them! lol

In a promo × 1
giardap's picture

You wanna pilot the most recent Ninjas mate
Different ballgame!

press1's picture

I can imagine bud - Mental shit lol. You ever watched that guy on Youtube with the Ninja H2R who goes racing down the freeways in his shorts and T shirt racing everyone? That shit is sooooo fast it makes me wince just watching it! I do not know how guys do not feel scared doing that stuff, if just 1 car driver does not see you screaming up from behind and pulls out a foot to the side thats your life over in an instant.

In a promo × 1
giardap's picture

Squids mate, those lads are squids, just a matter of time

Loopers!

JakeKO's picture

We call them Squids in the states as well

alekaras's picture

My brother has a k9 pretty fast, but not as stable as the busa, plus busa has a shit tone of torque!!

press1's picture

WOw are they up to K9's now? I don't keep track of the new bike scene anymore - although I have seen that Bloody Supercharged Ninja H2R with 310 BHP!!! That's INSANE

In a promo × 1
alekaras's picture

Yeah and k9 is old now BTW, it's 2009-2010 after that from 2010 until 2015 are L1 and above L2. We have a lot of turbo busa in my place!! BTW we don't fit well in to the gsxr bro we're to big for them Smile

press1's picture

Funny thing is bud when I last rode a GSXR I was 140lbs!!! So as you can imagine it went even faster lol Now though 65lb's later I guess the experience would be quite different for me. I am fairly short though so that can make them a bitch to hold up when not moving.

In a promo × 1
alekaras's picture

Busa is even more heavier then gxer but all drag drivers here are as you wrote above 160-170 lbs crazy ha, yeah when you're not moving it's a pain in the ass!!