StoneyB's picture
StoneyB
  • 6
246

195 → 215 lbs | 20 lb Transformation — Looking for Advice

ad

https://imgur.com/a/3MCxBpM

I think there is a karma requirement for uploading pictures so I had to link them in from Imgur

Height 6’1”
BF% 13-15 (based on the machine at my gym lol)
Before: 195 lbs
Current: 215 lbs

https://imgur.com/a/3MCxBpM

I’ve put on about 20 lbs since the first picture and I’m pretty happy with the progress so far. I’m currently averaging around 4,000 calories a day and training 6 days a week using a standard bro split with progressive overload.

For most exercises, I start around 10–12 reps and work my way down, with my 4th set usually ending around 5–6 reps.

Currently running 400 mg Test/week + 300 mg NPP/week, and I have about one month left of NPP before I come off. Bloodwork has been looking good so far.

I’m looking for some honest feedback from people with more experience. Is there anything you guys think I should change or add to my training, diet, or overall approach? I’m definitely open to hearing opinions on compounds as well if there’s something you think would make sense for my goals.

I’m mainly trying to figure out how to keep progressing and put on quality size without getting unnecessarily sloppy. I’d appreciate any constructive criticism or suggestions.

I’ve been running the Test for about 4 months now and the NPP for about 8 weeks so far

BigCoachKen's picture

Bro you been on cycle a while already, so I wouldnt look to add a "cut" compound at this time. Finish off the NPP, you only got one week left, but start tightening up the diet.

Once cycle is complete, if you dont want to PCP drop to test only. If you dont know your trt dose already, start at 100mg a week. Stick with this as long as this cycle was, so 8-12 weeks. During this time, stay at maintenance calories or slightly below.

At that 8-12 week point, get bloods done again and start planning your cut cycle.

You got a little soft, but it aint too bad. But I think it is time to call it.

In a promo × 1
StoneyB's picture

Thanks Coach! I think my ex-addict mind has been subconsciously kicking in and plotting on what else I can get away with doing. I’m going to take your advice and call it when I finish up on the NPP. Thanks for taking the time to help!

RobertPiana221's picture

You are far closer to 16-20% bodyfat and should consider a cut after this NPP is out. Im nit trying to be a dick, this is the end of your bulk, so this bodyfat is fine, but you really should cut to abs then re-bulk again.

In a promo × 1
StoneyB's picture

I figured I was higher than what the reading on the machine said lol my original goal was to get to somewhere around 220 and then hit a cut. Whenever I’m done with the NPP would you recommend dropping the test dose down to something more like a cruise dose and try to start cutting immediately? Or should I finish the NPP and then add a cut compound into the stack? Thanks bro

GoneLiftin29's picture

What’s your macro breakdown?
4,000cals doant tell us much.
Also , what is your goal?
Bulk-Cut?
I personally do 200-220g protein
75-100g carbs( fast acting, waxy maze)
50-65g fat
30g fiber
As little processed sugar as possible.
If I want a fuller look I’ll up the carbs& ingest more water.
Once I learned how to manipulate my macros& what does what for me it was a game changer. Everybody is a little different.

Owes a Review × 2 In a promo × 2
StoneyB's picture

My goal is to hit as lean of a bulk as possible. I originally planned to go until I hit around 220lbs and then do a cut to get that diced look but this is the first time in my life I’ve ever tracked macros and have really noticed that I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to proper nutrients to match my goals.

I eat about 220-240 grams of protein (I drink two shakes a day to help with the protein intake)
350-380 carbs
120-130 grams fat
35g fiber

I probably take in too much sugar because of energy drinks and chocolate milk so maybe I should dial that back a little.

GoneLiftin29's picture

I’d dial in the sugar for sure brother. And in my humble opinion there’s no “lean bulk.” I’m either on a caloric deficit or a caloric surplus. I’ve short changed myself trying to attempt to stay lean while bulking.

Owes a Review × 2 In a promo × 2
StoneyB's picture

Your comments have made me realize that I have no excuse not to be more dialed/knowledgeable with my diet. When I cycle off should my diet transition into a cut or should I keep it the same to try and retain my gains until I start a cut cycle?

GoneLiftin29's picture

TDEE. Total daily expended energy is were you start brother. That’s how many calories you burn on an a regular day of working out. Start here. You’ll need to know this. The Apple Watch tracks this if you add your “active energy”& your “resting energy “ together. That will give you your daily burn rate.
Let’s say for numbers purposes you burn 2,500cal. per day. Remember, your bulks & cuts are made in the kitchen. If you want to bulk you increase ( caloric surplus),& if you want to cut you decrease( caloric deficit).
So to answer your question, I personally go 500cal ( give or take) above my burn rate when I’m cruising. When I’m cruising I’m not cutting or bulking. See what I’m saying? I do t bulk or cut while cruising. That’s what the blasts are for.
Doing gear without macro tracking is like just putting gas in your car & driving it without checking the fluids. Best analogy i could give at the moment. lol
Shoot me a FR if you want.
This is what it’s all about.
I learned just like you brother. It pays off believe me.

Owes a Review × 2 In a promo × 2
StoneyB's picture

That helps a lot! Thanks for taking the time to break that down for me bro. Idk why it seems so overwhelming to learn proper nutrition but that makes a lot of sense to me. I’ll shoot you a FR

Jockstrap's picture

4mo on cycle will make retaining gains harder

StoneyB's picture

Oh man, I didn’t really consider that. I appreciate the input bro. Would you recommend that I drop the NPP after the 12wks is up and cruise on trt dose only for another 3 months or so before I hop on anything else?

Hungryhead420's picture

I personally prefer to do heavy one week and then high reps the next. I had a friend/now a trainer tell me to do this and I’ve rolled with it ever since. Can’t say it’s any better than staying heavy. He always said we change it up to shock the muscles. Just something to consider

In a promo × 3
StoneyB's picture

I feel like I’m getting a little stagnant with my lifts so I might give that a shot to see how it makes me feel. Thanks bro