Makwa's picture
Makwa
  • CC
  • PRO

+ 13 Tips for success for 2019 EBC

ad

I wanted to tie together a few things to help you succeed in the 2019 EBC. What is ultimately going to separate you from the rest of pack and put you in the money is going to be your diet. Diet is essentially the end all and be all when cutting. I don't care what kind of fancy stack you have going on, it really means little in the final outcome of how you will place. So I hope you spend the majority of your time during the EBC with your diet protocol. It sets the stage for your conditioning, fullness, vascularity pretty much everything you can think of. Your stack can enhance this but if you don't have the base set up with your diet, it doesn't do you any good. Diet is the most difficult aspect of cutting. Training and AAS are pretty straightforward and easy to figure out and do in the grand scheme of things.

Here are some dieting posts to get you on the right track and set you up for success in the EBC.

If you are coming in on the plump side for this EBC I would have a gander at this to lose some quick fat and see some progress to keep you motivated. Alot can be accomplished in 12wks if you set your mind to it, so don't let your starting condition be an excuse for not entering the EBC. Some amazing changes will happen no matter what your starting condition.

https://www.eroids.com/forum/training-nutrition-diet/weight-loss/the-fas...

For many of you successfully cutting and dieting may be a new experience for you so here is something for you to get you started in planning out your diet.

https://www.eroids.com/forum/training-nutrition-diet/weight-loss/your-fi...

Dieting is more than just restricting cals to lose weight. After a point losing that fat especially when you get down to the lower digits is going to be real difficult and you need to know how and when to employ further techniques to keep the fat melting off. This should set you up when you get further into your cut and you start seeing yourself stall.

https://www.eroids.com/forum/training-nutrition-diet/weight-loss/structu...

Hopefully you have some direction in setting up your diet now. Any successful cut is going to have to include cardio, unfortunately a lot of it. You can't just do cardio willy nilly though. There are some ways to go about it to have greater success and maximize the efficiency of it. Here are some thoughts to ponder about your cardio.

https://www.eroids.com/forum/training-nutrition-diet/weight-loss/when-to...

One final thought about your workout routine. If you continue on with your powerlifting routine your are probably going to sabatoge yourself for the purposes of a cutter. You now need to implement a more traditional bodybuilding routine with an emphasis on cutting. You are not looking to build muscle here. You are looking to burn fat and condition those muscles to make them look their best. There are plenty of routines you can dig up for that but here are some overriding principles to look for in a cutting routine.

https://www.eroids.com/forum/training-nutrition-diet/workout-exercise/ba...

Just one example of a routine that would be good for cutting

https://www.eroids.com/forum/training-nutrition-diet/workout-exercise/pa...

Good luck to all competitors out there?

Mak

exoticnfit's picture
  • for great post as usual Makwa!
johnmarshall12's picture

Another great post! Yes DIET RULES in this game. It surmounts everything else one does! More people need to realize it. ty for pointing it out! +

heavymetalmonsterD's picture

As always excellent post bro...+1

Owes a Review × 1
Bearded_muscle's picture

Balls to the wall baby.
I’m going straight head to head with the man Dope on this one. Gonna do everything I can to bring team deathface of my own.

Sam I Am's picture

I'm not even doing the ebc but this is valuable information. Thanks for posting it.
It would be great on the next one if you did a Senior division. Just figured I'd throw that out there.
Theres quite a few of us on eroids. I wouldn't be able to do this one anyway.

Owes a Review × 1
Drock_357's picture

Boom!
Kapow!
I wouldn’t stand a chance with my bird legs but I’d give it shot!

Thumbs up makwa for the tips!

OlympicLats's picture

You must be tall to have bird legs. Typically shorter folks have thicket legs unless they are just down right skinny

Sam I Am's picture

You could just look up his stats.

Owes a Review × 1
Sam I Am's picture

My legs suck to but I'm going to put extra effort in just incase they do have one next time.
My hips gone lol.

Owes a Review × 1
press1's picture

Does that knacker you for deads/rows also then sam?

In a promo × 1
Sam I Am's picture

No I do tbars regularly. It hits on the half way portion on a squat or hack. I havent deadlifts in years. I duck walked to many years.

Owes a Review × 1
Drock_357's picture

Yah I hear you about the hips, my lower back is toast ... just doing body weight goblin squats hurts me the next day lol.... can you imagine all the excuses us old guys would come up with as to why we didn’t win!... lol

Sam I Am's picture

Lol instead of Chuckys revenge it would be Rustys revenge... I can hear Rustys sinister laugh know thinking I knew Sam had skinny legs..big fun!

Owes a Review × 1
Greg's picture

Chucky and Rusty are never in the same room together. Coincidence?

Greg's picture

!

Jayzgainz's picture

Im not doing EBC but I am dieting down . I want to be around 200lb by the spring as my goals have changed. Anyway, thanks for posting this (and all your other articles). I learned a few things I didnt know that Im sure will help me

Owes a Review × 1 In a promo × 1
Carlos Danger's picture

Real talk Sir I’m so glad you’re a member here on Eroids. Invaluable information here fellas!! Time to do your homework!!
Al

In a promo × 1
stairmaster's picture

Thanks for the tips Makwa, I wish this contest would be a few months later, my elbow (joint issues) is "killing" me!

Sam I Am's picture

Youd do great I think.

Owes a Review × 1
stairmaster's picture

Much appreciate your kind words Sam, but I think I'm not ready to give 100%. But I'd love to join Smile