• DfromPhilly's picture
  • EXP
  • 854
  • John Meadows had a heart attack

• DfromPhilly   •   Tue, May 12th, '20 18:31   •   9 replies, 431 views

In the hospital now. His wife said his blood vessels are fine and it sounds like he may have a clotting disorder.

I always like watching him train with Dave Tate. Dude is a legend. Hope he comes out the other end in good shape.

Comments

• Spark's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

• Spark
  • 4 months ago

Here is John explaining in detail what happened..,yes it was a heart attack but things look good for him.

• Moraku's picture
  • BASIC
  • 2

• Moraku
  • 4 months ago

Didnt he already have a pre existing condition? thought he had a storke many years ago?

• Spark's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

According to the video he posted he had a blood vessel explode in his colon yrs back. Not a stroke. Says his heart is normal size and no signs of plaque build up. He had two blockages to his heart which caused the heart attack.

• Manateeswimmer5678's picture
  • LVL1
  • 67

• Manateeswimmer5678
  • 4 months ago

Glad to see he is doing better. He just released a video with an update
This guy will forever be a legend and one of my favorite fitness gurus. Combination of intelligence and efficiency when it comes to all aspects of bodybuilding and weight training in general.

• vengar's picture
  • LVL2
  • 159

• vengar
  • 4 months ago

One of my favs. He always gives out great info, I hope he heeds this warning.

• PoloBig's picture
  • REG
  • 11

• PoloBig
  • 4 months ago

Its a shame i follow this guy on u2 i like him a lot and always wonder why he looked so red and inflamed

• Molinin302's picture
  • LVL3
  • 274

• Molinin302
  • 4 months ago

Guy is a beast, wish him the best. Didn't he have some health issues before? Kidney or liver? I think it was congenital.

• press1's picture
  • EXP
  • 959

• press1
  • 4 months ago

I wonder what happens with a lot of these guy's after something like this happens - Do they continue to cycle or get scared witless and drop down to TRT only from now on. I can imagine its 50/50 .....

• DfromPhilly's picture
  • EXP
  • 854

I’m sure it’s 50/50. In a situation like his where it’s a disorder I’d imagine he’d keep on keepin on if the doc says there’s no difference. But I’d think he’d drop to TRT if they say it’ll lessen any risk. He’s a smart dude. I’m sure he’ll do what’s best for him. Hopefully he makes it out well enough to warrant having a choice on the matter.