JESSEKR's picture
JESSEKR

200G Protein A Day Only Around 2,500 calories

ad

I’m not very knowledgeable on the nutrition side of bodybuilding, and I’m just curious a traditional clean bulk for my size 6’3 175 Pounds, would be around 3,500 and I’m wondering if I’m able too get in all that protein while eating 1000 calories under the usual bulk is it as efficient too put on mass? Or should I find a way too back fill the 1000 other calories with “clean” carbs?

Danlaroy's picture

Are you asking if you can put on mass in a calorie deficit? No you can't. You need calories for that. If you meant keep your muscle then yes. That much protein would be plenty to keep muscle and lose mostly fat.

Hakuho's picture

It always helps to know how many calories it takes to maintain your weight and then you can adjust for bulking/cutting. In a very general sense you can guess your maintenance calorie amount at around 15x your bodyweight so if you are 175 then it would be around 2625 calories (this is very approximate since your activity level and age/gender etc all impact how many calories you burn not to mention whatever if any HgH and gear you are taking)
200g protein is enough daily intake for your current size. I would look to exceeding your maintenance calories by 250-500 calories per day. This will have you gaining 1/2 to 1 pound per week which should keep pace with how quickly a normal human can gain lean tissue and minimize the amount of bodyfat you would want to lose later. (so basically I would be eating 2875 to 3125 calories per day for bulking)

my 2cents in very general terms with no more info than you have provided

Makwa's picture

If I understand this correctly you are wondering if you can get in 200g of protein with 2500 cals. That is only 800 cals coming from protein. You could easily double the amount of protein and stay under 2500 cals. Not going to go into this much further because I am kind of confused on what you are really trying to do.

Gh0st's picture

Um, what are you asking? It’s early where I am.. but what the..

Are you eating 3500 cal or 2500 cal? This is not clear at all to me. Are you asking if 200g protein is enough? With either cal goal? Very confusing.

Give more, and clear, information. Are you male or female? How many meals per day? Protein carb fat sources? Etc. how many days do you train. How intense. Type of training.

Owes a Review × 1
simonmagus84's picture

I think he wants to go up another 1000 calories and is asking if he should stay at 200 grams of protein or should he supplement the remaining 1000 with carbs. I think he needs a proper bulk ratio. Like 60%protein 30%carbs 10% fats something like that should still apply when he adds the extra 1000 cals but I’m not the right guy to ask because.