Maintenence in progress, errors may occur while we do this :(
  • Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80
  • No more bitcoin with Circle

• Ronburgundy   •   Thu, Dec 8th, '16 13:22   •   56 replies, 1527 views

Ordering just got more difficult again, wtf.
It was too easy, what's the next best...Coinbase??

Comments

• dar3touch's picture
  • REG
  • 45

• dar3touch
  • 2 weeks ago

Who is everyone using to buy bitcoin now? Specifically in the us?

I can't use coinbase because I was banned. Most other bitcoin places I've tried say I can't buy in my state.

Looking for options. What does everyone say?

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 715

Your next best option would be to look into Bitquick and see you can make that exchange platform work for you. There are other exchange platforms out there, but pay attention to the differences in the exchange rates based off current market BTC price.

• DonutMan's picture
  • REG
  • 24

• DonutMan
  • 3 months ago

I have found that coinjar is another great app to send.bitcoin. it's almost the same as circle

• SexWeightsProteinShakes's picture
  • LVL3
  • 391

Isn't that the Australia one? Don't think they're setup in USA yet?

• DonutMan's picture
  • REG
  • 24

You are right, I just found that out

• SexWeightsProteinShakes's picture
  • LVL3
  • 391

Hopefully soon they will expand!
I don't want to deal with coin base

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

• Ronburgundy
  • 3 months ago

When sending from a wallet, how do you determine the mining fees? The wallet I am using had a high amount preset, I changed it but it still cost me more than when using Circle or Coinbase.

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 715

I believe it's based off a percentage of the BTC amount you're transferring, plus the different % rates for using credit/debit cards/bank accounts.

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

• Ronburgundy
  • @MedDx

Thanks, it turns out that my mining fees were set in mBTC so they were actually not too high. I have everything set now.

• SexWeightsProteinShakes's picture
  • LVL3
  • 391

• SexWeightsProte...
  • 3 months ago

this blows anyone got a good alternative yet?

• iFit's picture
  • EXP
  • 2046

Coinbase. But they tend to close accounts a lot due to "suspicious" activity. . Check out bitquick. Reasonable fees. Quick. No id required. (Usually). If it's not available in your state due to gov regulations just use a vpn and chose a different state. You can still deposit in your state no problem.

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 715

• MedDx
  • @iFit

Agree on Bitquick...although I couldn't use a foreign VPN on their site, a US VPN worked fine...IDs are requested at BOA, I've never been asked for I'D at WF, however that may have changed by now.....

• extremediezel's picture
  • LVL3
  • 233

• extremediezel
  • 3 months ago

NOOO!! goddamit what am i gonna use now any1?

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

I went to coinbase, not as good but will suffice for now. I tried a bitcoon trading platform ( below post) but too much work. It does give you anonymity if needed. You lose that with coinbase

• pedstore's picture
  • SRC
  • 2

• pedstore

localbitcoins.com

• ODB1978's picture
  • REG
  • 30

• ODB1978
  • 3 months ago

Anyone try Xapo? Circle still works for me but I cant send bitcoin to a Bitcoin address anymore, must be a email or phone number...I dont want to go back to paying WU fees!

• 333's picture
  • REG
  • 36

• 333
  • 3 months ago

For sure totally bummed on circle going out I have 3 other ones that I can't figure out I have my fingers crossed circle for some reason starts back again I have a unverified account and I don't like new ones asking for id

• PEZ's picture
  • LVL3
  • 342

• PEZ
  • 3 months ago

How about our U.K. members; you have lots of options in the EU. Are there any I can use as an American or do they all require EU documents to verify?

• Faz's picture
  • LVL2
  • 158

• Faz
  • @PEZ

I'm from the uk.
I've justed used bittylicous to buy and blockchain as the wallet.
I had to send two types of I.D but I don't remember seeing anything about eu only.
It was very easy to do, did the whole process on my iphone

• BFG's picture
  • ADM
  • EXP
  • 1050

• BFG
  • 3 months ago

Ever tried a bitcoin "atm"? https://coinatmradar.com

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

• Ronburgundy
  • @BFG

I looked into the atms and they are great but its a bit of a hike for me as the closest one is about 45-1hr away. It's not a deal breaker but would rather avoid the drive if possible. I signed up to coinbase as it is the most similar to circle; however, this is not my permanent solution. I've stumbled upon bitsquare which is an unregulated btc trading platform and this seems to fit all of my needs. I've been doing some research and have a few more questions to answer before I consider trying it out.

• dar3touch's picture
  • REG
  • 45

• dar3touch
  • 3 months ago

Has anyone tried the BitPay app? If so, what are your experiences with it?

• SOBRIEN's picture
  • REG
  • 12

• SOBRIEN
  • 3 months ago

Just something to think about. Once their hands are involved. They'll never leave.
Be safe peeps

• Sauron's picture
  • MOD
  • EXP
  • 827

Cashed mine out last night. I had about 300 bucks that grew into just shy of 1200. Probably buy some more stuff for my home gym :)

• GetPumped.is's picture
  • SRC
  • 7

• GetPumped.is
  • 4 months ago

here is a list of wallets my man
BTC wallet list

• PEZ's picture
  • LVL3
  • 342

I didn't know of one, and they look to be the best alternative, thanks.

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 80

Thanks bro, I'll take a look at them.

• twistedsister's picture
  • LVL2
  • 182

+1 thank you sir

• twistedsister's picture
  • LVL2
  • 182

• twistedsister
  • 4 months ago

Fuck you circle

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 715

I agree...right in the ass... :/