Maintenence in progress, errors may occur while we do this :(
  • Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62
  • No more bitcoin with Circle

• Ronburgundy   •   Thu, Dec 8th, '16 13:22   •   53 replies, 1153 views

Ordering just got more difficult again, wtf.
It was too easy, what's the next best...Coinbase??

Comments

• DonutMan's picture
  • REG
  • 22

• DonutMan
  • 2 weeks ago

I have found that coinjar is another great app to send.bitcoin. it's almost the same as circle

• SexWeightsProteinShakes's picture
  • LVL3
  • 387

Isn't that the Australia one? Don't think they're setup in USA yet?

• DonutMan's picture
  • REG
  • 22

You are right, I just found that out

• SexWeightsProteinShakes's picture
  • LVL3
  • 387

Hopefully soon they will expand!
I don't want to deal with coin base

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62

• Ronburgundy
  • 3 weeks ago

When sending from a wallet, how do you determine the mining fees? The wallet I am using had a high amount preset, I changed it but it still cost me more than when using Circle or Coinbase.

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 707

I believe it's based off a percentage of the BTC amount you're transferring, plus the different % rates for using credit/debit cards/bank accounts.

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62

• Ronburgundy
  • 3 weeks ago
  • @MedDx

Thanks, it turns out that my mining fees were set in mBTC so they were actually not too high. I have everything set now.

• SexWeightsProteinShakes's picture
  • LVL3
  • 387

• SexWeightsProte...
  • 3 weeks ago

this blows anyone got a good alternative yet?

• iFit's picture
  • EXP
  • 2044

Coinbase. But they tend to close accounts a lot due to "suspicious" activity. . Check out bitquick. Reasonable fees. Quick. No id required. (Usually). If it's not available in your state due to gov regulations just use a vpn and chose a different state. You can still deposit in your state no problem.

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 707

• MedDx
  • 3 weeks ago
  • @iFit

Agree on Bitquick...although I couldn't use a foreign VPN on their site, a US VPN worked fine...IDs are requested at BOA, I've never been asked for I'D at WF, however that may have changed by now.....

• extremediezel's picture
  • LVL3
  • 235

• extremediezel
  • 3 weeks ago

NOOO!! goddamit what am i gonna use now any1?

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62

I went to coinbase, not as good but will suffice for now. I tried a bitcoon trading platform ( below post) but too much work. It does give you anonymity if needed. You lose that with coinbase

• pedstore's picture
  • SRC
  • 2

• pedstore
  • 4 weeks ago

localbitcoins.com

• ODB1978's picture
  • REG
  • 24

• ODB1978
  • 4 weeks ago

Anyone try Xapo? Circle still works for me but I cant send bitcoin to a Bitcoin address anymore, must be a email or phone number...I dont want to go back to paying WU fees!

• 333's picture
  • BASIC
  • 9

• 333
  • 1 month ago

For sure totally bummed on circle going out I have 3 other ones that I can't figure out I have my fingers crossed circle for some reason starts back again I have a unverified account and I don't like new ones asking for id

• PEZ's picture
  • LVL3
  • 332

• PEZ
  • 1 month ago

How about our U.K. members; you have lots of options in the EU. Are there any I can use as an American or do they all require EU documents to verify?

• Faz's picture
  • LVL2
  • 146

• Faz
  • 4 weeks ago
  • @PEZ

I'm from the uk.
I've justed used bittylicous to buy and blockchain as the wallet.
I had to send two types of I.D but I don't remember seeing anything about eu only.
It was very easy to do, did the whole process on my iphone

• BFG's picture
  • ADM
  • EXP
  • 1042

• BFG
  • 1 month ago

Ever tried a bitcoin "atm"? https://coinatmradar.com

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62

• Ronburgundy
  • 1 month ago
  • @BFG

I looked into the atms and they are great but its a bit of a hike for me as the closest one is about 45-1hr away. It's not a deal breaker but would rather avoid the drive if possible. I signed up to coinbase as it is the most similar to circle; however, this is not my permanent solution. I've stumbled upon bitsquare which is an unregulated btc trading platform and this seems to fit all of my needs. I've been doing some research and have a few more questions to answer before I consider trying it out.

• dar3touch's picture
  • REG
  • 45

• dar3touch
  • 1 month ago

Has anyone tried the BitPay app? If so, what are your experiences with it?

• SOBRIEN's picture
  • REG
  • 12

• SOBRIEN
  • 1 month ago

Just something to think about. Once their hands are involved. They'll never leave.
Be safe peeps

• Sauron's picture
  • MOD
  • EXP
  • 758

Cashed mine out last night. I had about 300 bucks that grew into just shy of 1200. Probably buy some more stuff for my home gym :)

• GetPumped.cc's picture
  • SRC
  • 6

• GetPumped.cc
  • 1 month ago

here is a list of wallets my man
BTC wallet list

• PEZ's picture
  • LVL3
  • 332

I didn't know of one, and they look to be the best alternative, thanks.

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62

Thanks bro, I'll take a look at them.

• twistedsister's picture
  • LVL2
  • 128

+1 thank you sir

• twistedsister's picture
  • LVL2
  • 128

• twistedsister
  • 1 month ago

Fuck you circle

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 707

I agree...right in the ass... :/

• Ronburgundy's picture
  • LVL1
  • 62

X2

• MedDx's picture
  • EXP
  • 707

I finally got on with coinbase. Sent btc from coinbase to blockchain...then sent btc from blockchain to a btc wallet. I'm following what I'm reading on here and so far I've completed two successful transaction.

For me to use coinbase I had to get a debit card that worked internationally. So far, the start up costs and fees have been less than a 25 mile one way trip, which is what I would've had to do to use Bitquick....