Drloomis's picture
Drloomis

28, 6’, 285, 30.1%BF Looking for help on dieting

ad

Hi all,

I work about 70hrs a week at a desk. I take the following prescriptions: 40mg adderall per day, 10mg lexapro per day, 200mg test cyp every 14 days (if I remember) Please mind you these are scripts sometimes I miss a pin at the beginning I was pinning 200mg a week but I was holding water and feeling horrible everyday and I assume it was estro related because Im large but my doc does not prescribe adex so thats the only thing I ever take thats black market but I havent had any in probably 6 months.

I have about 250-450 mg caffiene per day, typically split into two doses when I take an adderall. I take 3-4 g fish oil daily, I take choline(1g), inositol (1.5/2g) , magnesium citrate(.5-1g), ALA(.6g), ALCAR(1g) and a BCAA drink Scivation Xtend Go with 5G bcaa(2.5 glut, 3.5 leu, 1.75 val, 1.75isoleuc, 200mg theanine, 200mg caffiene, 1g citrulline). Obv fish oil is in pill form the rest is all powder that I mix in a shaker and drink all mixed together. This is also the same drink I take as preworker.

When I drink this every morning I feel great but days I don’t take it i have sugar free energy drinks instead. I typically eat breakfast at 7:30am if I have it and then dinner at 8-9pm.

I have been working alot and stopped lifting for at least 3 months and I feel horrible. I can’t get motivated to do jack shit without adderall and I recognize that is a problem but it does help me stay focused at work. I sleep roughly 3-5 hours per night during the week hence my stim slamming every morning.

I’m laying it all out here honestly and I’d love some keto diet tips for someone who doesn’t eat veggies and what supps would I need to counter the fact I don’t like a lot of veggies. Last keto diet I went on I lost about 35lbs and felt amazing and the first time I slipped outta ketosis I never got back in, I had a cheat day after a month or so and figured if I made it this far I can do it and bingo I binged carbs one day and it was like a drug addict relapsing.

Workout routine is not something I need advice on persay, it’s how to quit being a pussy and get motivated and eat clean for long enough to get me back into my rituals. I am a man of very strict routine and once I get into one, its so hard to stop. Deviations from these routines give me really bad anxiety. Once I get a plan in my head, if it doesnt go according to the plan in my head I get worked up. I know once I make diet and exercise a routine again it will be amazing. I need a bit of help from the brothers here on how to do that.

I know a lot of people struggle or have struggled with the same kinds of problems and hearing your story or a word of advice or encouragement goes a long way. Any links to threads on the site are also appreciated. I haven’t logged in for a while but I plan on regularly visiting eroids again as part of my old routine that I need to get back into.

I haven’t touched a roid other than Test for my TRT in a long time and don't plan on it. I do have about 6 months worth of HGH in my fridge and I may or may not use that to help me start sleeping better and have a better mood while beginning this new adjustment.

Thanks in advance!

Csc11b's picture

I’d love an update. I have A feeling the adderal and caffeine were fking your sleep up.

Bearded_muscle's picture

I hope you aren’t still pinning test once every two weeks. Twice a week will give you really stable levels, I like m/w/f myself. Every two weeks will convert a ton of estrogen and you’ll be on a hormonal rollercoaster. Look at a blood plasma chart for a shot of Test cyp and you’ll see what I mean.

Drloomis's picture

So at 200mg/ml, It’d be better to take .5ml Mon/Thur or Tue/Fri? I’m on cyp for TRT so I think mwf wouldn’t be necessary. I will try to get on a solid 2 day pin schedule and see how it helps! I appreciate your input.

chunkypbnj's picture

I do 100mg every 5 days

Owes a Review × 1
Bearded_muscle's picture

Let’s be clear about doseages. You said 200 mgs every 14 days.
Pharma Test cyp generally comes in 200 mg/ml which sounds like what you have.
So that would be .25 cc twice a week = 100 mg per week=200 mgs every 14 days. If you shot half a cc twice a week you’d be doubling your dose to 200 mg a week instead of every 14 days. For that little I’d use a slin pin, but with your bf where it is that may be difficult. Subq is another option. With that little oil it may be feasible.

Drloomis's picture

That is a good point and good catch.. Ironically I have some 100mg/ml and then the doc switched my dosage so I have been getting 200mg/ml for the past 2 months which is much better because I have scar tissue from pinning in the same places over the years so less pinning is better but I do have slin pins so subq with .25cc could work but I never tried test subq.

Bearded_muscle's picture

So what is your dose? 100 or 200?

Drloomis's picture

Should be 100mg a week

Bearded_muscle's picture

Good. Honestly you don’t want to run it much higher than that. You’ll just get more estrogen. Split it in 2 50 mg shots a week and you should have a much easier time with the ups and downs.

Dr.BroScience's picture

Supplements are not food. They are in addition to food. Food is not a replaceable item for a bodybuilder.

You simply cant cut out nutritious vegetables and expect a supplement to fill the gap. Thats not how it works.

Stimulants are also not fat burners. Another misconception.

You also use terms such a "dinner". What meal number is that? When Im dieting I never personally refer to my last meal of the day as "dinner", if that makes sense to you.

Im concerned about all the exogenous compounds being introduced including supplements coupled with also the lack of true foundational holistic diet plan.

Bottom line, your bodyfat is way too high. Keep researching and researching ....and of course, remember to eat your vegetables.

Also, you said you worked keto before and it worked tremendous for you. So you know what you are doing, Youre just in a motivationless rut. There is only way to not "feel like a pussy" and that is to not be one. The only one who can pick you up by your bootstraps is you. Emotions and feelings are nothing compared to positive action. Action is what counts. Like the ad says, Just do it. I am confident you will be able to get yourself back up and get going. Good Luck.

Caeser's picture

Doc & Sam are right...everything about health & performance, down to the cellular level, depends upon what you eat...supplements are precisely to supplement; NOT take the place of real food.

Sam I Am's picture

X2 Whole Foods are the way to go...

Owes a Review × 1
Drloomis's picture

I appreciate your comment and I just want to know, how does someone who doesn't like veggies change the pallet and start adding them into their diet? When I did keto prior, I mostly ate lean meats and protein shakes with MCTs and fiber added to them.

agonyscene's picture

I'm on keto right now. I've lost 30 pounds so far. Adding bacon grease or butter to vegetables is delicious. I eat a lot of broccoli and corn that way with my meals. You should take measurements at least initially to get a feel for how much grease or butter added is how many calories to make sure you're staying in a calorie deficit. Another good meal is salad but loaded up with toppings. I'll eat 1/3 head of lettuce if I load that sucker with bacon, ham, pepperonis, cheese, boiled egg, and tons of ranch. I'll add cherry tomatoes on there too, it's the only way I actually enjoy tomatoes. But again, I treat this as my big meal that day and I use an app to tell me how many calories it is cause it adds up quick.

Caeser's picture

Use a lot of grass-fed butter...and some Himalayan Salt...
Both should make just about any veggie palatable...

ChickenBirdOfGains's picture

Try mixing vegetable in with protein shake, if you have a good tasting powder, lots of times you can barely taste them.

Dr.BroScience's picture

Saying you don't like vegetables is a blanket statement. There is literally no vegetables, types of vegetable, textures, nor preparations you enjoy? Life is about solutions not problems. Send me a Pm if you wish to speak further and if I am able to assist further I certainly shall

IrishMack's picture

Your doc prescribes test, but no ai? That sounds pretty fishy. At 30%bf, taking caffeine and adderol, and sitting all day, you have zero chance of losing weight. You HAVE to eat veggies wether you like to or not. Its not a diet plan you need, you need a lifestyle and life plan. It does t matter what anyone say, you need to do something about your sedentary life and mixing caffeine with adderol is counter productive to say the least. Its time you get a full panel blood test not just a test for estro and test, the full deal.

Sam I Am's picture

My Dr also woulnt prescribe an ai. It is odd.

Owes a Review × 1
Drloomis's picture

I went to an endo in my doc’s network in 2013ish to help with the TRT because the doc claims he isn’t an expert in TRT. The woman who is the lead doc at the endo office said they do not prescribe any AI or Hcg. I got the script for Test and after visiting her one more time about a month later, I could tell she wasn’t going to be great. She tookover for the legacy doc who retired. I have had my full panel done in the past but my doc doesn’t see the need for that every few months. I realize it sounds fishy and as I’ve posted about my TRT in the past it has sounded that way then too. I was started on 50mg per week, then 100mg per week, then 200mg per week. I don’t abuse it, not look at it as a lifelong cruise. The thing I do notice is that when my Test is up from taking the TRT regularly as prescribed, I don’t feel as well. The higher dose(200mg/wk) seems to give me symptoms of ED after a few weeks. Maybe naturally my test is “regular” at 350-500ng/dl and perhaps 200/wk is too much. I can’t lie I don’t get bloods done often enough to know honestly.

How many calories are you consuming daily?
What are your Macros like?
How often weekly are you engaging in a cardio workout?
How much water are you drinking daily?
How much sugar do you consume daily?
How many weekly workout activities do you do which raises your heart-rate and causes you to sweat?
How old were you when you first used AAS?
Can you give a bit more history of your AAS usage?

Drloomis's picture

Calories vary based on my schedule and how suppressed my apetite gets from stims.. Some days I eat once a day around 900 cals and other days it could be 3,500 if I binge.

I drink around a .75-1 gallon of water per day. I haven’t been working out for some months, maybe a mile walking here or there but nothing major. I golf once maybe twice a week which isn’t much activity but it gets me out of the desk chair!

First used AAS at 16. Started with D-bol, t-bol, anadrol tabs in various cycles - not all at the same time but being a high school kid it was hard to come by certain thing so one 3 week on 3 week off would be followed by a cycle of some different tabs. At around junior year I tried injections and mind you I was a dumb kid so I had the internet to reference but the guy selling it was telling me how to take it, I tried Tren Ace but took it with no test base in the cycle and boy did that fuck me up. I got huge and strong but the sides were horrific and shutdown was bad, prolly why I’m on TRT now but I took clomid and nolva and recovered a bit but test was always baseline low after that. In college I used Test E with semi-proper PCT (just didn’t get bloods) and stayed away from other compounds. After college I tried some cut blends, bulk blends, and HGH at various times.

I was decently strong for a while but never took my cardio and diet seriously as most dumb kids do when they try the “magic needle”. My pb for bench was 335x6, barbell squat 625, and 715 dead. I realize those PBs may not be great for the experienced gents on eroids but for me I thought that was pretty strong, except when you consider I was 6’ 265, there are guys a lot smaller doing a lot more. I should’ve never got hooked on the mentality of just get stronger and bigger without worrying about my long term health and physique. I was only worried about being huge and strong for football. Now that part of my life has been over and I have nothing to show for it.

I know I gave a lot more than you asked but that’s the background. I’m going to try and keep the cals under 2,000 and begin keto until I get myself back to a place where I’m comfortable lifting hard again. I went to the gym a few weeks ago and killed it and felt great that day but I was extermely sore for so many days because Im so out of shape and overdid it.

I know I gave (sic) a lot more than you asked but that’s the background

No worries, being thorough is helpful.

For starters, I'd focus on creating an eating schedule that you can commit to and stay consistent with. Food binging is a really easy way to gain lots of weight and makes it very hard to lose it. It's important to eat a bit throughout the whole day, so you never become too hungry or too full. If you could have, say 5 meals daily at 400 calories per meal, I think you'd begin dropping weight within a couple weeks simply from switching to a consistent eating schedule. If you find you have the time and ability to eat 6 meals a day, then you could try making those meals 300-350 calories.

Really make sure you're eating as few "empty calories" as possible. Walking is alright; but unless you're walking a long distance, at a high rate of speed, on a steep incline, you won't burn too many calories or too much fat from simply walking, unless maybe the person is 400lbs+ and in the position where any kind of physical activity causes them to lose weight because they're already so obese.

For you, I'd recommend an elliptical trainer. It's a great way to burn calories while having an extremely low-impact, cardio workout. it's easy on your knees and ankles because it doesn't require your feet to be pushing off the ground to keep going.

Also, you'll begin to find that when your cardio sessions last longer than 20 minutes, that's when you can really start to burn calories, fat, and see results. When your body hits "the wall" for many people it's around the 20-minute mark and instead of stopping, you continue your cardio workout, this is a great way to achieve the results you're looking for.

So yea, I honestly don't think you'll be able to achieve your goals without sticking to a low-calorie eating schedule and increasing your weekly cardio exercises. However, if you do change your eating habits and begin killing it on the cardio side of things, I definitely see you accomplishing your goals.

GrowMore's picture

I'm not going to be much help but have you thought about quitting caffeine and adderall? Would be a few days (weeks maybe) of hell then you could possibly feel loads better with out the stimulants and get some sleep.

Have you had bloods taken recently? You could upload them so the more knowledgable members can help you

Owes a Review × 1
Drloomis's picture

I have considered it. I definitely want to reduce the caffeine intake. Last bloods I got were about 2 months ago and I had not been taking my TRT my test was at 134. My total cholesterol is about 130. Hdl at 24 and 106 ldl. All other bloods were good and my pcp doesnt test female hormone panels so I never know what my E is.