Armwrestlingfiend's picture
Armwrestlingfiend

Arm wrestling world championships 2018

ad

For anyone interested in watching here are some links to the 2018 arm wrestling world championships. First link is of the light weights and second link middleweight and third of the heavy weights. I want to explain the rules just in case some of you don’t know because some people believe you’re not aloud to use your body in anyway and that’s just not true. When they’re setting up the grip opponents are not aloud to cover the others thumb knuckle and are not to move before the ready go, secondly opponents must keep the elbow on the pad, at least one leg on the ground and the other hand on the gripping peg. That’s the rules a lot of body movement and technique is involved. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy the show!

Lightweight battle royal
https://youtu.be/sOVL6xIROl0

Edit: here is the middleweight battle royal also
https://youtu.be/vUFEt6SINxo

Heavyweight world championship
https://youtu.be/Yc-NyGnVKvI

Ya that’s just his technique I guess. To be fair Devon could do the same thing if he wanted. He was within the rules though played the game and won the match.

Owes a Review × 1 In a promo × 3
IrishMack's picture

His elbow came off the table too he should have been knocked out right then and there.

Hahaha

Haha that is ugly but I don’t believe it’s the future for arm wrestling. There are many moves arm wrestlers use: top roll, hook, shoulder press, triceps press and variations of all of those and the Kings move you see here. People find what works best for them and some choose the ugly kings move. I’m sure it will move on into the future but so will all the other popular moves

Thebully's picture

This shit always scares me after watching a video of some girls arm snapping while arm wrestling.

Owes a Review × 1

Ya I know what you mean man injuries happen all the time. Especially the wrist. Takes so much time to build up the strength to where you won’t break anything. Had my wrist dislocated myself.

IrishMack's picture

I almost snapped my bicep tendon, it was like spaghetti mush for several months. I only used my body three times, 1st place all three. You could be a scrawny no muscle weakling in arm wrestling and crush people, it's not all about strength, it's positioning.

Damn that’s crazy Irish. Cool to see a fellow arm wrestler on here. And I agree with you I got my wrist dislocated by a tall lanky guy top rolled me and pop! Huge amount of technique involved. Ever since then I vowed to get stronger and learn as much as I can. Congrats on your 1st place wins hopefully I can get there one day too!

IrishMack's picture

Perfect your technique, and your position, its all in how you grab your opponents hand, I wont say anymore

Thanks Mack I’ll definitely be focusing on that as much as possible

Thebully's picture

To me something like that that would leave me out of working out would make it not worth it but I suppose if that's what your passion is then fair duece.

Owes a Review × 1
press1's picture

I have to agree with you. Great videos and a great laugh to watch mate Smile but I remember back when I was 18 and had been training for 6 months. Arm restled and beat the doorman in the local nightclub who was about 8 stone heavier than me which was awesome at the time - I Completely knackered the tendons in my arm at the elbow and could barely lift for the next 2 months! I was gutted..

Told the local gym owner thinking I looked cool and he just turned round and looked at me in his abrupt manner and said 'Arm wrestling is for idiots' Lol ...Never done it since.

In a promo × 1
IrishMack's picture

He probably said arm wrestling is for idiots because he couldn't beat a girl with three fingers at it.

press1's picture

Funny thing is that he was one of those people you meet along the way that you'll always remember. I had massive respect for the guy as he was the first person I knew that could rep 140kg for 6 on F. Bench. I was just in absolute awe of that back then esp as he was about 55! Of course I was extremely naive back then and didn't realise he cycled or even what Dbol was lol

In a promo × 1
IrishMack's picture

hell yeah.

IrishMack's picture

That's why I quit, your tendons are sore as shit a lot, hard to train when your arm is useless.

It did take me out for months bro. All part of the game though and I’m stronger than before. But ya it’s probablu not for most people.