GrowMore's picture
GrowMore

+ 2 The HAARLEM Study - 100 men using AAS

ad

Not my own work, a copy and paste from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/comments/fub8z7/discussion_the_haarlem...

Super read, a couple of points I found interesting were:

The samples analysed and how most didn’t contain what was in the label, considering most who took part in the study use test I wonder what else was in there or if it was just case of using a different ester instead of the one written on the label.

81% brought gear from a bro they knew? Maybe we need to let them know about eroids.

Purity of UGL compounds

Each participant in the study submitted samples of the products they were using to be tested with a mass spectrometer.

• Of 272 samples analyzed, only 13% contained the declared AAS only.

• 35% of the samples contained the declared AAS and an additional, undeclared AAS.

• 47% contained only an undeclared AAS, eg: half of the samples didn't even contain the steroid it was labeled with.

• 6% contained no AAS.

• 14% of samples contained some other pharmaceuticals such as estrogens/progestogens.

• 1% contained diuretics.

• 1% contained anesthetics (wtf...?)

AAS Sources:

• Most of the (81%) AAS tested were from dealers/acquaintances.

• 19% were bought online

• 2% were bought from a pharmacy abroad (assuming this means they imported them personally)

AAS Used (most users used multiple):

• 96% used Test

• 52% Tren

• 39% Drostanolone (Masteron)

• 38% Boldenone (EQ)

• 33% Nandrolone (Deca)

• 29% Stanozolololol (Winstrol)

• 25% Methandienone (Dbol)

• 23% Oxandrolone (Anavar)

• 19% Mesterolone (Proviron)

• 17% Metenolone (Primo)

• 15% Oxymetholone (Anadrol)

• 1% Trest, Halo, and some other shit i've never heard of

Other PIEDs used on-cycle

• 21% HGH

• 19% Clenbuterol

• 15% Thyroid hormone

• 7% Insulin

• 3% IGF-1

• 3% Ephedrine

• 26% hCG

• 23% Tamoxifen (Nolva)

• 22% Anastrozole (Arimidex)

• 9% Exemestane (Aromasin)

• 6% Isotretinoin (Accutane)

• 4% Clomiphene (Clomid)

• 3% Bromocriptine (This is a new one to me)

• 3% Finasteride (Propecia)

• 3% Cabergoline

• 3% Letrozole

PCT

• 55% used hCG

• 70% Tamoxifen

• 54% Clomiphene

• 5% Anastrozole

• 5% Mesterolone (Proviron)

Average cycle duration was 13 weeks (range 2-52 weeks). Average # of AAS used was 5 (range 1-11).

Average weekly dose averaged 901mg (range 250-3,400mg [crikey mate]). Average weekly cost was €30 / $32 / £26 (range €4-300) . Average total cost for the entire cycle was €400 / $430 / £350 (range 50-6,500).

Side Effects

• 88% of participants experienced increased libido

• 79% increased fluid retention (you moon-faced fuck)

• 71% testicular atrophy (who's the lucky 29%??)

• 58% acne

• 58% decreased libido post-cycle (not during)

• 47% increased agitation

• 42% gynecomastia

• 41% increased aggressiveness

• 40% severe snoring (??)

• 38% erectile dysfunction post-cycle (not during)

• 35% palpitations

• 37% PIP

• 27% addictive behavior (??)

• 26% alopecia (assuming this just means hair loss?)

• 24% persistent erections

Anyway, thought some of you might find these stats interesting. The study wasn't as informative as I'd hoped, but it's better than nothing and we need more studies like this. There are too many people taking advice from some random dude on the internet.

The study can be found here (Thanks to effrightscorp):
https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1111/sms.13592

giardap's picture

Of 272 samples analyzed, only 13% contained the declared AAS only

Wow!!!!!

GrowMore's picture

As Pale said take it with a pitch of salt, although it is the Dutch who aren’t as strict as some other countries in the world.

Owes a Review × 1
steroidmen's picture

71% testicular atrophy (who's the lucky 29%??)
Lol

In a promo × 1
GrowMore's picture

We found one of the lucky 29%

Owes a Review × 1
GrowMore's picture

I’ll be honest we are all bros here.. in the days when I first started using gear mine used to shrink down to marble size, then I blasted HCG and they went back to normal. Im TRT now and I can’t be fucked with the e2 fluctuations HCG brings so I rarely run the stuff but my balls stay about 75% of what they used to be year round. Strange they don’t shrink like they used to.

Probably a - yeah I’m sort of one of the lucky ones would of been enough

Owes a Review × 1
GrowMore's picture

I don’t think they do either unless they have a thing for balls. I battled with e2 sides with hcg for years then thought fuck it why bother and I haven’t looked back.

I’ve pm you about the acne.

Owes a Review × 1
Pale's picture

I have used HCG years ago, but I would also say mine are 75% of what they used to be or thereabout. Hardly any acne no matter what I run

GrowMore's picture

0 acne at all? Have you ran anything to combat it? I ran acutane preroids and I get a small pimple if my e2 gets really high or when I ran a high dose of mast + winny but besides that no problems. Before acutane it was a minefield on my back and chest.

Owes a Review × 1
giardap's picture

Hcg users

Pale's picture

LOL, it sounds more like propaganda than study to me.

GrowMore's picture

Reading through the study I noticed the Netherlands national institute of public health funded the study so you could be right.

Owes a Review × 1
Darkhorse777's picture

Hmmm... Makes me wonder sometimes ive seen sources do promos ..they will run out of a product then they say they did a recount and now they have plenty of the gear guys were wanting...probably getting relabeled junk there just trying to move before they brew new batches..i was just thinking about this the other day...now this makes me think I'm not just paranoid im probably right ...also im talking about dom sources that have checkered histories on here

In a promo × 2
GrowMore's picture

I wouldn’t be surprised mate. A lot of domestic sources come and go, especially in the USA from what I can tell.

That’s the great thing about eroids however, all it takes is one respected member to get one shit vial and let everybody else know and anyone who’s been around here long enough will avoid the source like the Coronavirus.

Owes a Review × 1
GrowMore's picture

I saw that and scratched my head. Wait they made vet grade dbol injectable?

Owes a Review × 1
GrowMore's picture

It sounded wild back in the day lol. Vet grade dbol and home brewed Tren from the cattle pellets would be crazy.

Owes a Review × 1