Carlos Danger's picture
Carlos Danger

+ 62 Eroids Body Challenge EBC 2019 Spring Cutter

ad

WAKE THE HELL UP EROIDS!

On behalf of Eroids, BFG and the Mods, I am so proud to be able to announce to everyone that the Eroids Body Challenge is officially back! As I was discussing the structure of the new EBC with Admin, I knew I needed a strong partner to help me return the EBC to glory. I got my wish in spades!!
Please join me in welcoming one of our great members to the EBC Board of Trustees, Makwa! As you might imagine, I was very excited when Makwa accepted my invitation to help me organize the EBC. Mak it’s on an crackin’ homie!

After four long years of hiatus, the EBC has resurrected.
The EBC will have a few new tweaks to it to make it safer and smarter for everyone across the board. From a new prize system to a new scoring criteria. Our hope is to create a structure to make the EBC a regular source of community pride once more.

SAVE THE DATE

Beginning on 3/9/19 at 0000hrs midnight PST the submission button will be active and members can start submitting their pics. The deadline for entry pics is on 3/16/19 @ 2359hrs PST. The competition will run a full 12 wks. You will have a 10 day window to submit your final pics starting at 0000hrs PST on 5/29/19. The deadline for final pics will be 6/8/19 @ 2359hrs PST.

What is the target goal of the EBC 2019?

EBC 2019 Spring Cutter!!!

This goal was chosen to closely follow the traditional season goals. We want to help you get your Summer Bods ready. We also wanted to end the competition with enough time for you all to enjoy showing off the hard work with enough summer left to hit the beach!
Each successive EBC will have different target goals but we will do our best to follow the season and or competition calendar as to not cross any wires and short circuit some of your comp plans.

More to come

Makwa and I are still making a few last minute tweaks and the Prize Sponsors are still coming on board. While that takes place please begin planning your season around the aforementioned competition dates. We hope to have a large field of competitors.
Soon you will see an additional FAQ thread to be the place that Makwa and I can help answer any questions you might have. The final rules still need a couple of more finishing touches and then we will post them in the FAQ thread as well.

Here is a link to the EBC competition pages in case you’re not sure if you want to join or if you’re not sure what an EBC is exactly.
https://www.eroids.com/competition

I can promise you all one thing and that this Makwa and I will work our asses off to be as diligent and accessible to the EBC as possible. This was not brought together on a whim. The EBC is something that has always been a tremendous source of pride for me personally and I’m sure it will soon be for Mak as well. Thanks again to BFG , Pale and Greg for their support.

All threads related to the revamped EBC will be stickied here

Gh0st's picture

Love the reference

Owes a Review × 1 In a promo × 1
Carlos Danger's picture

Hope everyone is having a solid go at the EBC so far. I’m digging the different tactics I’m seeing so far. A little nose to the grind and a little misdirection:)

In a promo × 1
Porkbythapound's picture

Geez looks like I’m the only one grubbin on carbs. 3 meals including carbs still. White rice and sweet potatoes. 2 more weeks then cutting em down and out.

exoticnfit's picture

Easily 600-700+/day on carbs myself still.

Increasing protein weekly but slowly. Likely decrease carbs soon but I like what the mirror is telling me in the morning.

Nick1984's picture

The mirror tellin you the truth?? That u look like shit??

JK

Porkbythapound's picture

U even in the ebc or just in here talkin out your ass?

Carlos Danger's picture

Hey I can’t realky tell if you’re joking or not. I know exotic can’t tell either. Please do me a favor and keep that kind of talk out of here. That bullshit has no place in here. If you don’t have anything constructive to say then I’d appreciate it if you don’t post anything at all.

In a promo × 1
kibby's picture
  • 2 from me also!

Wasn't funny or a joke. Just negativity

Owes a Review × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

I'm not getting any good feedback from the scales or the mirror. I reckon I will probably be a no-show by the end. It's too much of a struggle at my age, especially when I see nothing changes after knocking myself out in the gym 6 days a week.

Cochise's picture

Man.. that’s what my wife says.. don’t be a quitter, sometimes it takes diet changes and or metabolism time to kick in. If you are starving yourself don’t and eat some fat and if you are not, try fasting for a few days with just a few low calorie protein drinks-

Owes a Review × 2
Cochise's picture

And I’ve seen more progress with 3 days then 6 days so try that as well with more rest

Owes a Review × 2
Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks for the advice bro. I'm off for a short holiday tomorrow (tropical island getaway with the wife). Going to forget about the EBC for a couple of days. My shoulders and back really need a few days recovery. Will try to cut back on the gym days and drop some weight in the last 8 weeks. Appreciate the advice mate.

exoticnfit's picture

Stay focused on YOUR end result and how you expect to finish!

Often when we don't see change something needs a little tweak and that may even be having more rest and RECOVERY time.

12weeks is a long time for anyone to bash their body up and when progress stalls RECOVERY is usually the biggest factor along side checking on the nutrition side.

I'm not sure if you are going 6days in a row or 3on1off but even that can assist in recovery much less dropping the training load to 3on1off and 2on1off format.

Keep positive and change only one aspect to see if it helps. If not, then try another so that you know what the culprit is/was!

Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks mate. I'm going 6 days in a row. My gym isn't open on Sunday, so if I take the 3 on 1 off option, it actually reduces my workouts down to 5 days. Possibly I should drop down to 5 days...honestly, I don't know.

About diet, the thing is, I have never been a big eater and basically only have one main meal a day, so there isn't a lot to drop in terms of intake. Maybe I need to look at the composition of my meals more closely. I have never eaten fast/junk food, never eat pasta, have rice twice a week, eat a lot of salmon, eggs, salads and vegetables.

Having clinical borderline hypothyroidism (thyroid op many years ago) probably doesn't help either, but T4 can interfere with my heart, so I can't really take it.

Maybe for my age the 6 days a week is too much for my body. I really don't have the answer - but thanks for the advice anyway. I will hang in for the long run and see what happens - as you say, it's about personal goals. I need to apply the mindset that has kept me slugging away in the gym for the last 35 years, I guess.

I hope your progress is going well mate, and I certainly appreciate your advice and that of Carlos and Heavy Metal. +1 for the support.

robb's picture

6 days is definitely not giving you enough time to recover. 4 or 5 would be more suited to your situation and health issues.

In a promo × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

Yes, I was wondering about that. For many years I traind 5-6 days a week, but I was a young fella then. I might drop to 5 - 2 on, 1 off. Prior to the EBC I was back down to 4 days a week. Will give it a try - thanks mate.

Nick1984's picture

Holy shit mate weget it

robb's picture

We get it? Don't speak for any other than your pathetic self.

In a promo × 1
press1's picture

I agree - I never train more than 4 days a week now. I truly don't recover enough mentally or physically if its anymore & bearing in mind thats running fairly heavy gear, a variety of supplements and more than enough rest. Please don't decide to give up Oz - I've got massive respect for you giving it a go and entering mate, use some of that aggression that use to get directed at some of the newbs and idiots on the forums and channel it all into the training! Smile

Ozninjaguy's picture

Aggression!1??!! What fakin aggression!!?? What the fark are you talkin about?? (joke mate). As both you and Rob suggest, I might drop a say for recovery. - both physical and mental. I just didn't want to seem like I wasn't giving it a good shot. Have a great week.

Carlos Danger's picture

Here is a copy of a post I wrote on some cats thread a while back about my last pre cycle diet. Once I added hormones I tweaked the diet:

I’ve run all kinds of diets and recently I’ve done keto based Very Low Calorie Diet or VLCD. It went very very well for me.
For myself I am a blend of mesomorph and endomorph so my body excels with carb restriction and when needed high carb refeed days every 4-5 days.

On my diet I did more of a low carb rather than a true keto with low carb, moderate protein and high fats. I figured out my TDEE and established my goal. Decided I was willing to sacrifice size for losses. On this diet I decided on around 1200-1500 calories and typically didn’t go above 30-50 carbs a day. My singular goal was to drop significant water/fat and to improve my Hemaglobin A1C.
I laid out a plan of 4oz chicken or 6oz cod with 2 cups broccoli 4-5x a day. I’d drizzle some EVOO on broccoli to get my fats for the day or steam them and add in an avocado or some almond butter. The result was week 1 a total 12lb loss and another 9 lbs by end of week 2. By day 23 I had lost 28.5 lbs. By the end of my diet my blood pressure meds went bye bye and so did my hemaglobin A1C problems.

As I hit plateaus I added in refeeds to keep my metabolism firing. On carb load days I’d add in 1-2 cups of sweet potatoes a meal until I got close to my carb macro target, anywhere from 250-350g. I would stagger these carb load days in between every 4-5 days. The result was I continued to drop weight and fat.

That weight loss was w/zero TRT and I had a baseline of 100 something total test at the time. I have the pre cycle lab work on my profile pics. Once I added in hormones the scale went back up but the gains were lean gains. That’s just one of my recent experiences with diets.
My point is with a goal of cutting I’d wager you’ll get some quality gains with a diet tweak bro and not so much with just cardio and gym time.

In a promo × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

Mate. Thaks for the post but I have a heart condition. I can't have a high fat diet. At least the EBC has gotten me into higher cardio, better eating and an earlier gym routine, so that's been good.

Carlos Danger's picture

Gotcha. Either way having you participate is a highlight for the EBC bro. Nothing but respect from me for throwing your hat in. Hope to see you stay in it through til the end even if it doesn’t pan out as you hope.

In a promo × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks. I'll try to hang in for the duration. Never started out with high hopes - just wanted to trim down a little, and the EBC was good motivation. Have a great weekend.

Carlos Danger's picture

What’s your diet ooking like? That’s where it’s all going to be at. I’d wager a slight tweak moving to the keto side of things could knock some lbs off the scale. I lost 21lbs in 14days when I first switched into a keto variation diet. That was with zero days in the gym.

In a promo × 1
heavymetalmonsterD's picture

You dieting and doing cardio too bro...don't quit man keep up the good fight
Edit never mind seen your post below but still don't quit bro

Owes a Review × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks mate. Not quiting but not making any improvements appearance-wise. As I said to Carlos, at least the EBC has gotten me more motivated if nothing else. +1 for the support bro.

Drock_357's picture

Good to hear you’re not throwing in the towel OZ!...I was all prepared to fill your inbox with Rocky Balboa comeback vids....
Wish I could offer some useful diet/workout advise, but reading below about the medical situations, I’d say working closely with the dr.s here is the best route..
BUT,... if you want, I’m happy to barrage you with Rocky 1,2, and 3 comeback training clips...
Keep grinding n be safe bro!

Ozninjaguy's picture

LOL! Thanks mate - got all the Rocky and Creed videos on my HD...but I appreciate the sentiment.

unreal89's picture

Im also carbing up pretty good myself and gonna drop down towards finishing time Smile

Muscleneck's picture

Keep it up! I know I require more carbs than most even when cutting

Owes a Review × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

I have dropped about 600 cal PD and lost about 3lbs. Can't see it in the mirror, lthough the wife says she can notice (she's so supportive!). In 2 weeks I take her for a short vacation - so I will probably blow my extremely modest improvement. The most tired part of my body is my legs..treadmill and bicycle 45 min x 6 days a week and they feel like they are going to fall off. I want to double that for the last 8 weeks, but I don't know if they will hold out. Gonna give it a try though.

Carlos Danger's picture

Keep grinding Oz! Your body will get acclimated to the increased activity and if anything the drop in cals will pick up any slack if you can’t meet the cycling targets. Try and focus your carbs around your training to get an extra push. Best of luck man I’m rooting for you!

In a promo × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks mate - yes, I need to read up a bit about right timing for carbs. Thanks for the encouragement.

Carlos Danger's picture
In a promo × 1
Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks mate. A good read. I knewsome of it but there is some really useful info/strategies that I hadn't considered. Will try to implment some of Makas suggestions.

Ozninjaguy's picture

Thanks bro - i'm looking forward to seeing your cut pics.

Vegeta2632's picture

Well I'm doing good. No cheating, rest, diet, training, will power is in full effect, I am freaking exausted tho, and do miss carbs a lot haha starting to get a little cranky

Carlos Danger's picture

Did you go cold turkey with carbs? Depending on what your Macro spit was before you might have wanted to taper down gradually and using the last few weeks to zap the carbs. You look like you already know what you’re doing tho:) best of luck Vegeta!

In a promo × 1
Vegeta2632's picture

I pretty much did that. Gradually decreased carbs and cleaned up diet till I was comfortable. Having done it a few times now, I basically go by how my body is responding in accordance to how tired I am, strength, and how hungry I feel. So I eased in as much as I could allow myself, before going full force. Even now, I'll do a high carb meal every 5-7 days because I believe for my metabolism, it just gives a needed octane boost. So all in all, I just listen to my body as much as possible and make educated decisions where I can. Seems to work best for me.

exoticnfit's picture

Hang in there guys!!!

It'll be worth it in the end.

Gh0st's picture

Never been this tired in my life bro I miss food in general. No cheats for 4 weeks has me cranky af. Trying to isolate myself from just about everyone.

Carlos Danger's picture

Yeah I can definitely relate. Last year on my diet pre cycle I definitely hard a hard time with that. I’ve got a young one at home and I did my absolute best to always be playful and gentle and outgoing but my poor wife got a lot of silent treatment. It got pretty lonely there for a bit. I learned that if I told the wife about how I was feeling it went so much better and she stopped thinking about super glueing my pecker to my stomach in my sleep!!!

In a promo × 1
Gh0st's picture

Couldn’t imagine having a dependent right now. I have a little niece to babysit each week and as much as I love seeing her the thought alone is exhausting. I will definitely be trying to practice mindfulness and radical acceptance. I’ve gotta do something to combat the negative mood because the people around me don’t deserve it.

press1's picture

Its because you have no carbohydrate in your system which is what the brain uses to produce serotonin. Without it you feel depressed and anxious, I don't know how you guys do it.

Gh0st's picture

Mood may definitely have something to do with altered serotonin/dopamine levels but on a factual basis the brain doesn’t produce serotonin. Serotonin is primarily synthesized in the gut lining in Enterochromaffin cells from its precursor tryptophan, which is an amino acid not a carbohydrate. It has direct and indirect effect on the central nervous system.

Edit - didn’t mean to come off as a dick! just like to educate.

press1's picture

So do I:

'Serotonin is also produced in the central nervous system (CNS), specifically in the Raphe nuclei located in the brainstem'